Tuesday, April 24, 2012

#4: Some Scheduled Fun

It's been almost 4 years since Alex and I started dating and we have yet to go on an actual, scheduled, just-us vacation.  We've taken some weekend trips to the beach and snowboarding with friends but that is the extent of it.  A combination of medical, job leave leniency, and financial issues have prevented us from doing much for the most part.  I'm trying to make this year different.  I want to focus more on having fun and getting rid of some of this stress.  Because I am full of it and turning into a crazy person!

Our first vacation is finally planned (I'll take credit for doing all the planning, ahem.) At the end of May, we are going to Williamsburg, Virginia for a 4 day trip.  I'm planning a day or two in the historical areas, a day in Busch Gardens, and maybe a day touring and tasting at some of the local vineyards.  The hotel is free thanks to Alex's parents generously letting us use their timeshare credits.  Although the timeshare has locations all over the country, I wanted to find a location that was driveable and accepted Saturday check-ins.  (I'm still trying to use as few vacation days at work as possible.  I'm stock piling for future plans.)  Our options were Williamsburg or the Poconos Mountains in Pennsylvania and we ultimately chose Williamsburg because there are more options in the area.  The Poconos sounds fun, but the only thing you can do there in May is hike and I don't think I can take four days of intense hiking in a row.  My butt hurt enough after one afternoon of hiking.  And what if it was rainy while we were there?

I'm still wishing for a week somewhere warm and tropical but I'm hoping we can do that sometime next spring. I haven't gone on a vacation like that since college! And for those who are counting, that was just about five years ago.  Man, time really flies.  I need some all-inclusive resort fun.  We also might finally take a trip out to the San Francisco area together later in the year.  If that doesn't work out, it might just be me again.  Oh well, I'll just eat In-N-Out burgers for two!  That would not be a problem at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment