Thursday, March 29, 2012

#3, and right on time

So, I really need a doctor.  I went from my pediatrician, to my university health center, to.... urgent care centers, the ER, and hope.  I haven't seen a doctor for a regular check up since I was under the age of 18.  Sadly, since I am now old as @*!&, that was about a decade ago.  I've also had a few things that I've wanted to discuss with a doctor for a while now so this month I made it my goal to find one.

I found one!  It didn't actually take a lot of work.  Alex really likes the medical group he goes to (and they've been pretty good to him through all the care he has needed) so I decided to go with the same place. They have 7 doctors on staff so I selected the one with the highest rating.  She's an internist, not a family practitioner, which I prefer because they specialize solely in adult care and are much better at diagnostics than family practitioners.  I have some odd issues that need diagnosing so I need a good detective!  Her patients seem to really like her for that reason.

So I spent some annoying hours on the phone with my health insurance company to switch over my PCP and get a new card and now I officially have a doctor!  I set up my checkup but her next available appointment is in mid-May so unfortunately I can't say that I'm all set quite yet.  But the wheels are in motion.  I'm hoping that 10 years without a physical hasn't been a poor decision on my part.  Perfect health... perfect health...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I was really nervous when I clicked to read this that you were going to say you were dieting and not eating cheese or something.

    ReplyDelete